Higher Ground is a skill-based parent education program for co-parenting in high-conflict families. A high level of conflict is dangerous for children as well as expensive, exhausting, and unnecessary for parents.
Higher Ground is a series of five sessions lasting two hours on Tuesday evenings according to the class schedule. This series will address the following:
- How ongoing conflict between parents hurts children.
- How repeated court involvement is harmful for children and their parents.
- How to develop a child-focused and future-focused mindset and how to set realistic expectations as separated parents.
- How to respect each other's differences and communicate effectively.
- Methods to defuse conflict, manage emotions and make mutual decisions for the benefit of your children.
Most participants will be court-ordered to participate.
This series will be conducted in-person in Olathe, Kansas. The exact location will be provided prior to the first night of class.
Payment can be made during the registration process. If you have questions contact Prevention and Community Relations at 913-715-7800.
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 5:15pm-7:15pm
Tuesday, June 20, 2023 5:15pm-7:15pm
Tuesday, June 27, 2023 5:15pm-7:15pm
Tuesday, July 11, 2023 5:15pm-7:15pm
Tuesday, July 25, 2023 5:15pm-7:15pm
Registration is a two-step process. First, you will need to complete the online registration and then each participant will receive additional paperwork that must be completed and returned to finalize your enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
The minimum enrollment for the class is 10 participants. JCMHC reserves the right to cancel courses that do not meet minimum enrollment levels.
|Family Education - Higher Ground||$150.00|