Volunteering: Things to know!
The Minimum Requirements to Volunteer:
- Volunteers shall be 21 or older and sufficiently mature to handle the responsiblitiies involved
- Must complete Initial Training (followed by annual recertification thereafter)
- Pass initial Background Check (followed by annual background check thereafter)
- Pending criminal charges are ineligible
- Past convictions require approval from the Director of Corrections
- Must be off of all supervision for a minimum of 1 year before applying
- Initial TB test (followed by annual TB test thereafter)
- Physical (Juvenile Detention Only)
Effective October 4th, 2021, the County requires mandatory, regular COVID-19 testing for all volunteers who do not report being fully vaccinated. In order to be considered fully vaccinated, a volunteer must complete a vaccine attestation form and provide a copy of their vaccination record.
For additional information, check out our Recruiting, Screening & Responsibilities of Volunteers Policy
Use this Volunteer Onboarding Worksheet to help you through the process!