Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a two-day, interactive, skills-based workshop for anyone 16 years of age or older who wants to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. ASIST is a resource for the whole community. It helps people apply suicide first-aid in many settings: with family, friends, co-workers, teammates and formal caregiving roles.
Experience powerful videos on suicide intervention. Feel challenged and safe. Learn suicide first aid.
What you will learn
- How to help someone thinking about suicide develop a personalized SafePlan to keep safe for now and connect with further help
- How to apply a Safety Framework to guide the development of this SafePlan through a collaborative helping relationship
- An understanding of how personal and community attitudes about suicide affect someone’s openness to seek help and how that affects your ability to provide care
This two-day training is held in person and attendance for the full two days is mandatory to participate. Enjoy small group discussions and skills practice that are based upon adult learning principles.
The cost of the training is $100 for the two days, with lunch on your own and light snacks provided.
- Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 23, 2024– 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information about ASIST, visit Livingworks.
To learn more or for questions, please contact Prevention and Community Relations at 913-715-7880 or JCMHCevents@jocogov.org.
Mission, KS 66202